Re: [oletrucks] Dual master cylinder

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dual master cylinder
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:24:56 -0700
For ADer's considering this conversion, you might want to mirror the lines
in the front circuit (from stock) and cap the tee on the line going to the
rear (passenger frame rail).  This is a much cleaner setup and avoids the
two lines crossing under the trans cross member (but you still need to cross
the front cross member as does stock).  The bracket from Pickups NW (who I
whole-heartedly DISendorse) is ok (as most are), but flexes too much for my
liking under very heavy braking.  I modified the mounting bracket to
eliminate the flex by using a double shank mounting bolt to form a brace
between the back of the bracket and the frame rail (it only touches the
frame rail under extreme braking).

I tend to disagree with the "e" brake comment being almost useless.  I have
stock brakes on the back (huck) and my "p" brake (isn't it supposed to be a
parking brake, not an emergency brake?) will lock up the back brakes at any
speed.  Proper adjustment of the linkage with the rear brakes in good
condition should provide satisfactory performance.

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100