Re: [oletrucks] Dual master cylinder

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dual master cylinder
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:20:02 -0500 (CDT)
Back in the 60's, this happened twice to my dad's 57 (years apart).  No
matter how much you try, there always seems to be an unavoidable grade with
a stop sign at the bottom.  Even with Granny Low, its hard to shift into
reverse to actually get the thing stopped.  Forget turning the key off too,
all that does is blow up the muffler when you start it back up.

The parking brake will work if you have time to downshift first and lots of
room to plan the stop.

A dual MC is one of those modern improvements like safety belts that we
have to bend the rules on.

Let's be safe out there.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200