[oletrucks] Rust removal on bedsides

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rust removal on bedsides
From: Alan Quin <Alan_Quin@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 08:40:40 -0700
Hi, I'm sanding my 52 GMC bedsides for new base clear chrome torch red.
The rusting was more extensive on passenger side than drivers (bubbling
after this owner painted 5 years ago)  I dismantled sides, fenders,
blasted metal etched and HiBuild Primed.  Hope the bodywork is more long
lasting this time.  I have always been impressed with the long ago
technology which created the almost 360 degree roll on the top of the
bedsides.  Love to have seen the machine GM used.  Will post pictures
when sides fenders are complete.
Alan  Quin