Re: [oletrucks] long beds and quadrajets

To: Brian _ <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] long beds and quadrajets
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:57:36 -0500
> one last question,.. will a '70s 350 water pump create too much presure for
> a stock heater core?  i have my original to truck, non-leaking, non-corroded
> heater core, and am wondering if i could hook it up straight to my water
> pump, of if i should put something in the feed line to keep pressure down.

Hi Brian
Your core should be fine as long as you use a low pressure cap on the
radiator, don't use one of those 13 or 14 lb caps they sell for late
model systems.
I have the same situation as you and I believe that I am running around
a 7 lb cap (relying on memory here) and I have had no problems with my
40 yr old heater core.
--
Bill Bailey
1957 Chevrolet 3100