Re: [oletrucks] long beds and quadrajets

To: "Brian _" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] long beds and quadrajets
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:12:33 -0800
I never really appreciated the looks of a long bed until I took a look at my
cousins ground up restoration of his 1970 Chevrolet Fleetside.  I mean this
truck was beautiful and like you said...." the long beds look more
proportional to the length of the cab".  The main thing to consider is that
you like it, it's yours and who cares what other people think!
Q-jets are a great carburetor especially as a fuel economy carburetor.  The
reason for this economy is the small primaries for around town driving and
the larger Secondary for everything else.  The reason for the bad reputation
is people not knowing how to rebuild them and the common practice of
incorrectly adjusting the secondary air valve to open up to soon which leads
to the common Bog on full acceleration.  I've had great success with
changing the primary and secondary metering rod and other misc adjustment to
really bring them to life.
You should have no problem with the water pumps pressure with a good heater
core.  I ran a small block in my AD for over 15 years with a factory heater
core and experienced no problems with the proper radiator cap.

Joe Garcia
Yuba City, CA
1950 Chevrolet 3100

http://chevy1.freeservers.com/