Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:06:25 -0600
Most of this I admittedly started but all I can say in my defense is that I
am currently working on three farm trucks and the dumpster is getting pretty
full of bailing wire, roofing tin from the barn used to repair the rusted
out floor, bolts that hold the steering column under the dash welded onto
the dash, new dimmer switch drilled into the dash cause the one on the floor
quit, tinsnips taken to the dash to elongate the radio hole for a newer
radio, and the list goes on and on. Saw it on the farm all the time..
understand the attitude perfectly.

Problem is, we on this list are diverse in the reason we are here. I am
learning to restore all the half assed and very unintelligent crap I am
running into and having a farm background have a very clear view of both
ways. Restorers, Farmers, Shadtree'ers.. we are all here. Respect each other
and the whole point was to think twice before getting out the welder to weld
your steering column bolts onto the dash when a few steps away in the
maintenance shed there might be a few nuts laying around.

By the way, if you dont like farming get out of it. Do you really want to
turn this list into a whiner session about ALL the carreers we have chosen
and how they dont pay enough to justify fixing it right? I didnt think so.

Deve