Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer

To: "Bill Bailey" <billb@gamewood.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:07:22 -0600
Its a tendency of mine to whine about what repairs others did before me. I
dunno. Maybe I get a little carried away. All I originally said was.. We
used to call it 'afro engineering' slurring the black folk when I was
growing up. I was rather ashamed of that, so all I stated was that I see
WAAAAY more farmers rigging stuff half assed than I ever saw a black person
do. Its absolutely true and I dont care what anyone says. Now were they
justified in rigging things so? I dont care if they are or not. I was simply
stating the above fact.

For my efforts I have been praised privately by some, criticized by others,
and then I have two emails (you know who you are) who were kind enough to
say something to the effect "how dare you compare us farmers to them
niggers". Yeah, we have a real diverse list here alright. A shamefully
diverse one. Someone somewhere needs to pull their head out of their ass.
Its not me, although I often feel I am in the dark over just how some things
never change.

Meanwhile, anyone knowing anything about the differences between a 235 head
and a 261 head please let me know. I am trying to figure out why my farmer
friend decided he needed a different oil line going up to the rocker
assembly. Lets drop this stupid thread that I started and I apologize for
and move on.

Deve