Re: [oletrucks] So Long All

To: "Bill Bailey" <billb@gamewood.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] So Long All
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:49:15 -0500
What in the world have we done here.  When we lose outstanding people like
Bill Bailey, Jack Halton and Ralph Linnell, we've take a giant step
BACKWARD.  Guys like these....and Bob Adler....are the very heart of this
list.  And all this is happening because we can't just let things go and
refocus on our purpose.  Time to do some very hard thinking folks.  We're
killing the goose that has laid MANY golden eggs....for all of us.

I studied and taught leadership and team building for over 20 years in a 5
billion dollar company.  One thing I learned is that any team reaches choice
points at different times in its existence. Those choice points and those
choices either make the team or destroy it.  We are at a choice point now on
the list.  We listen to Miq and move forward, or we destroy ourselves by our
petty rantings.  I've been on the list for 3 years, and I've never seen a
better, more friendly, and more genuinely helpful group anywhere.  But when
we start losing guys like Bob Adler, Jim Forbes, Bill Bailey, Jack Halton,
Ralph Linnell....and probably others.....we have to wake up and see that
something's wrong.  If you get as far as reading this, PLEASE take a minute
and think about what we're all about here.  For God's sake, let's be able to
say a year from now that we hit this choice point, made our changes, and got
even better.  It's our choice, folks.  Let's make the right one.
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC
tcape@weblnk.net