Re: [oletrucks] '46 rear bumper

To: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '46 rear bumper
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:25:01 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
To: "Old chevy truck advice" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Cc: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2000 9:27 AM
Subject: [oletrucks] '46 rear bumper

> Guys,
>
> I cannot for the life of me figure out how to mount the rear bumper

The rear bumper brackets consist 3 pieces for each side.  The (roughly) L
shaped pieces mount flat, one in 2 holes in the top of the frame channel and
the other in the 2 lower holes.  They overlap each other at the rear with a
single hole.  In that hole the arched piece attaches with 1 bolt and the
other holes go to the bumper.

Hope this isn't too confusing.  E-mail me back if is.

Here's a link to some pictures that include a detail shot of the rear bumper
set up on a '40, very similar to yours.

http://pm1.ps.photoworks.com/SfwOnline/photomail/PMDownload.asp?P1=19235118

Happy truckin'

<><