Re: [oletrucks] New radio old speaker.

To: kosibar@kolbenet.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New radio old speaker.
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 08:30:24
Rich,
Why don't you get two smaller speakers and place them in the dash slot?  I
really don't think that you would enjoy listening to one side of a stereo
program cuz you are losing half of the sound.  AC/DC 'Back in Black' just
wouldn't be the same.  Rap would sound better if you didn't hook up the
speaker(s) at all, but we won't go there;-0   One speaker hooked up to one
channel should work but you should terminate the other channel.  Make sure
that the old speaker has the proper ohmic value for the new stereo (usually
8 ohms).  Just follow the mfg. directions for the stereo.

The new stereo is probably 12V so you will need to get a 6 to 12 volt
converter probably at Radio Shack.

Durwood