Re: [oletrucks] New radio old speaker.

To: kosibar@kolbenet.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New radio old speaker.
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:28:47 EST
In a message dated 12/16/00 6:49:18 PM Central Standard Time,
kosibar@kolbenet.com writes:

<< I'm considering getting one of those new radios that fits in the '50 3100
and looks like an older style radio. (The Custom AutoSound USA3.) >>

Wasn't there some discussion a while back about the poor quality of these
radios?  I seem to remember that they fit poorly and the sound quality was
not that great either.  Am I remembering correctly?  I got a used GM AM/FM
unit from a yard sale ($3) and put it in the glove box with a couple of small
speakers mounted behind the original speaker grille.  Works good and only set
me back about $25 total including the antena under the seat.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX