Re: [oletrucks] 1955 265 V8 Breather

To: chevy1@jps.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1955 265 V8 Breather
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:39:24 EST
In a message dated 1/15/2001 7:57:02 AM Pacific Standard Time, chevy1@jps.net
writes:

<< A little note on the road draft tube.  I bought an engine once and the tube
 was missing so I figured that I would just install another and be on my
 way.....Mistake!!!  Seems the previous owner also took out the canister that
 installs below the intake on the block so the road draft tube was sucking
 the oil out of the engine.  Might be worth a quick look?

 Joe >>

Thanks, Joe, I had not thought about that.  I only noticed the tube was
missing because I smelled nasty fumes while driving up a long hill.  Took a
look and was suprised to find no tube.  There does not seem to be any oil
coming out of the hole with the fumes, would that seem to indicate the
canister is still there?

I would really like to install an original-type closed system if I can find
one.

Thanks again,

  Dennis McGillis
  '55 Cameo