RE: [oletrucks] Mileage/Smog and oletrucks (and the future)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Mileage/Smog and oletrucks (and the future)
From: bob_keeland@usgs.gov
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:56:49 -0600
And what would this engine with newer programmmable computer (like the
Accel DFI) cost?  Rough estimate will do.

BobK
51 3600 5-window (project)
98 RAM (hers)
99 HD Sportster
Arnaudville, LA

                    "Schorn, Tim"

                    <SchornT@ci.fort-wor        To:     "'dshier@rmi.net'"
<dshier@rmi.net>
                    th.tx.us>                   cc:
oletrucks@autox.team.net
                    Sent by:                    Subject:     RE: [oletrucks]
Mileage/Smog and
                    owner-oletrucks@auto        oletrucks (and the future)

                    x.team.net

                    01/26/01 10:49 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "Schorn, Tim"

They're going to be in the Toyota Supra from early to mid-eighties up to
1996 and in Celicas at least from around '89 to '96. Performance parts are
plentiful too, most popular being a single (big) turbo manifold conversion.
You can get aftermarket fuel/spark management systems so the original
computer is not essential. A newer programmmable computer like the Accel
DFI
(my personal favorite and the one that's in my car) is the ticket to a
successful swap to a newer more smog-friendly engine. Sky's the limit from
there!!

      Tim