Re: [oletrucks] New member with a quest

To: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New member with a quest
From: pigsmith@flash.net
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:46:15 -0700
"Hanlon, Bill" wrote:

> Might help with Chevy trucks.  Wont help with PorkChop's GMC.
> The GMC VIN numbers do not give as much data as Chevy VINs do.
>
> 253 8C Y1018 decodes to

<snipola>

Wow, that's a lot of  info! Thanks Bill.
So, it's a 55  after all. Interesting.
Next question(s): I've never heard of a 288 (which means nothing), do they exist
anymore? Where would I find one? Barring the location of the correct engine,
would a later model engine (316, 347, etc.) fit up to a Hydramatic transmission
(which has yet to be located either)? These two items are the only things I lack
to get this truck back to stock. Except for finding the little tiny set of
points that go inside the clock where the GMC logo fits in the dash plate.

--
porkchop