Re: [oletrucks] Rear brake drums

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rear brake drums
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 21:19:55 -0800
>Then suggestion regarding backing off on the star gear is the first step.
>However, if that does not work, rent a large brake drum puller.
>The drums become attached at the hub in the center. I experienced the
problem
>and tried heat, penetrating oil and numerous shots with a hammer to no
avail.
>If there are no rental places nearby, Eastwood and J.C. Whitney sell them
for
>about $29.00.

I used a Harbot freight 3 jaw puller, sometimes tightened with an impact
wrench in hard cases.  In the hardest cases I tighten the puller as much as
I can, then gently heat the drum with a torch, going very slow so as not to
distort them.  Last one I had to do this on took about half an hour.

Regards,

Grant S.