Re: [oletrucks] 1 Ton Questions (Also: Mystery Truck Revealed!)

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1 Ton Questions (Also: Mystery Truck Revealed!)
From: John Dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 17:53:33 -0500
Justin,

1.yes, suspension and drive train are alomost completely different on a
one ton. No, most sheet metal is the same, the major difference is the
bed, it's much longer on a 1 ton. The patch panels are the same on all
AD chevy cabs, and on AD GMC cabs up to about 4 ton. No, i don't know of
one good source for 1 ton parts. Many places carry some NOS parts but do
not have them in their catalogs.

2. It would be eaisest to change the whole door if you can find one. I
belive a 51 should have the turn down handles with the vent windows, the
only year Chevy did that. Failing that you could trasnplant all the guts
fron a vent window door to your door.

3. Yes, a 1 ton is still a 3800 but some years didn't use the series
emblem below the name. My '49 has 3800 emblems on both sides.

4. There is a web site that has engine numbers on it but I don't know
it, someone here should though.

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula, FL