Re: [oletrucks] Electrical Wiring

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Electrical Wiring
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 16:44:03 -0600
You should be able to pick up power for the stoplights (and turn
signals if you have them) from any fused hot power source under the
dash.  The source should be on when the key is on and off when the
key is off.  This is a personal prejudice, I don't like things to
be on when the key isn't.

>From the power source, wire to the brake light switch (probably on
the bottom of the firewall next to the brake pedal linkage) to the
steering column (if you have turn signals) and out to the stop lights.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN

At Monday, 2 April 2001, you wrote:

>All,
>
>I just finished installing a Chevy Duty $100 harness in my '50 3100 and
>it was really simple.  Plenty of color-coded wire and good instructions.

>My only problem came from the replacement headlight switch I had
to install
>at the same time.  It doesn't have a terminal for stoplights, and
I can't