Re: [oletrucks] '59 Apache doors

To: "Steve Rincavage" <stever@carr.org>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '59 Apache doors
From: "David L. Clark" <dclark3@mmcable.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:20:31 -0700
Steve,
Is it that you cannot break the bolt loose, or is the nut turning on the
backside with the bolt?

If you haven't had the fender off, hold on,....you may have to.  The nut
fits into a holder mounted to the cab.  It is very difficult, if not near
impossibe to get to and do anything with without taking the fender off.
Heating the bolt, in my opinion, will not loosen the nut.

You might try to work your arm underneath between the fender and the cab and
try to put some penetrating oil on the bolt where it protrudes through the
nut, wait a little while and try to loosen the bolt.

If you twist the bolt off in the nut, you can take to door off, but you may
have to take the fender off to get the nut out of the holder.

Good luck.  Let us know how you finally solve the problem.
The nut fits----- Original Message -----