Re: [oletrucks] '59 Apache doors

To: stever@carr.org, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '59 Apache doors
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:13:50 EDT
In a message dated 4/11/01 9:48:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time, stever@carr.org
writes:

<< I have a '59 Chevy Apache and recently purchased another one as a parts
 truck.  I tried to exchange the doors this weekend but did not get too
 far...I'm mechanically challenged.  There are six bolts that support two
 hinges.  I got four of the bolts loose, unfortunately the top middle one
 won't come undone.  There does not seem to be a way to access it from the
 wheel well to get to the nut like the other bolts.
 Is there an easier way to do this?  I saw some springs but was a little
 reluctant to mess with them.  I was wondering if putting heat on the bolts
 would help.  Thanks for any info.

 Steve >>

  It's been sevreal years sonce I've messed with the doors, but I don't
recall having any issues with accessing the bolts...as I recall, some could
be accessed through the kick panels, or the nuts were spot welded, or held in
by a clip that was spot welded...something like that.

  But I have changed the doors before, and never removed (least i don't
remember if I did...but two kids later *will* make you forget some things...)
the fenders.

  Try removing the kickpanels and the airvent covers...it sure seems like
there was access in there somewhere.

  Mike