Re: [oletrucks] Water pump pulley

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Water pump pulley
From: "Gary L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 23:47:39 -0500
I thought all the later 235's had a long water pump with big pulley for
narrow belt? You could put a 54 waterpump on those to take small belt and
have your clearance at radiator. Maybe you should get the right pump
w/pulley for narrow belt. I would think the belt would only "roll-over"
maybe, not come off. Maybe you haven't got all pulleys lined up or maybe one
is slightly crooked or ? Lay a ruler or straight edge on front of pulleys
and see if next ones line up same. As to how they actually measure, I don't
know. Basically on these old trucks there's the narrow belt (1/2"?) and
wider (5/8"?). Fractional horsepower type belts look nearly the same but the
taper is different than auto  belts and they wont take the speed and power
either. I have seen people buy Hardware store belts to put on their vehicles
but they don't really work.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN
54 Chevy 2-ton (driver)