Re: [oletrucks] Wireing

To: Billy Gibson <bgibson@internetwork.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wireing
From: Jay Duncanson <jduncanson@crosswinds.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 09:03:44 -0700
> I read the e-mail this
> morning makes sense no lights are plugged in at this time, I'll do one more
> # check and hit it with 12V,

I gotta say it once more: if you've got a short to ground thru the headlight
circuit and the lights are disconnected, it's either in the dimmer
footswitch or the hi-beam indicator light. The hi-beam indicator light taps
off the hi-beam power at the dimmer footswitch. The symptoms you've
described (where the short occurs and disappears pressing the dimmer
footswitch with the headlight bulbs disconnected) would indicate that you've
got a short somewhere from the dimmer footswitch to the hi-beam indicator
light.

...jay