[oletrucks] 58 GMC should I ???

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 GMC should I ???
From: "Jeffrey cerniglia" <jcerniglia@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 15:57:06 -0400
Hello everyone,
                   I am considering buying a 58 GMC
1/2 ton stepside. It is not running but is a complete
truck with a pretty straight body. It does not have a
seat, no bed wood but has the metal strips. It has the
big back window option and is a 4 speed on the floor.
It has been sitting out side for 4 or 5 years with no
cover and is a half rust half paint finish to it.
The front bumper is bent, also there is some rott just
above the windsheild on the pass side from a quarter
size hole in the roof where a antenna was mounted. the
cab corners are rotted out too and it does not have the original wheels
either just spares to roll it around. He is asking $2500 for it, what do you
guys think?? He
said he was able to start it for a bit but the carb was
not getting fuel so it didnt run for more than a few
seconds at a time since he just fed the carb from the top.
I really would like to know what you guys think before
i make a deal on it, thanks in advance for any input.

Jeff Cerniglia