Re: [oletrucks] Road tar removal

To: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>, "Mark A. Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Road tar removal
From: "Jays Mail" <jaybaker@ruralnetwork.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 01:51:25 -0600
Along the same lines I have old undercoating the plus being it not all
rusted out minus being how do you get that crap off (it cracked and falling
off in places) it's  like 1/8 thick tar. I think a heat gun would just make
a bigger mess but what do I know. I'm open to suggestions though.
 just took off the front clip last night that was the easy part I'm finding
out now the real work begins. not even shure why I took it off other than it
just looked like it would make removing the original 265 easier and make
cleaning up the engine compartment a whole lot easier as well.
 know I'm headed down that old familiar trail ie why not paint the grill,
why not refurb the fenders, why not rebuild the front end, and I just wanted
to remove the engine and paint the engine compartment.
 That Poem pretty much sums this truck up. I have about $150 in it so far
but I see a multiple of about 100  to finish it ., oh well got to love em I
guess. owning your own used truck parts business helps keep the cost down
some as well
 Jay Baker www.expage.com/chevylikearock