Re: [oletrucks] Interesting '56 GMC Rescue Van...

To: bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Interesting '56 GMC Rescue Van...
From: Miq Millman <miq@hevanet.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:31:36 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Broadway says:

> to eBay that is not mine I have nothing to gain in it. On the other hand if
> someone posts a link to something on eBay they are selling, they have vested
> interests in posting it .. and to me it's a good example of spam.
>
> So why not enlighten us newbies why something so harmless seems to be a
> criminal act around here.

Here is the link to the post I sent out going into great detail last year:

http://www.escribe.com/automotive/american/chevygmtruck/m21800.html

For those who like the reader's digest and cliff's notes version:

Essentially, a line had to be drawn somewhere, and as the admin of this
list I get to choose where.

I'll quote a specific paragraph:

        'Ebay makes $100's of millions of dollars a year based on their
        bandwidth, the price of items being placed and sold.  If an item
        gets pushed up due to a bidding war, ebay is the one who wins, not
        the group of collectors at large, not the bidders who fought with
        eachother, and certianly not me.  Getting more people to look at an
        ad means more potential bidders, and more page views for the
        advertisers on ebay.  Why should you give them this service?  Why
        should they (the seller of the item) get the benefit of this
        "perfect demographic" for absolutely no effort or even with out
        their knowledge?'

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@bigfoot.com