[oletrucks] putting a 425 in a 59'

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] putting a 425 in a 59'
From: "littlejoker" <littlejoker76@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 05:28:27 -0500
i am planning a eninge swap for my 59' fleetside. when i bought the truck it
had a straight 6 in it.(the head was completely torn apart and he didnt have
the parts anymore) I have a 77' cadillac sedan deville with a 425big block and
a 400R .  has anyone out there perfromed a similar swap or just some friendly
advice . also will the trucks rear end handle the cad'c 385lbs of torque? or
should i put the 10 bolt rear from the caddy in the truck as well?