[oletrucks] Old Fart

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Old Fart
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 21:21:07 -0700
I promised myself I wouldn't do this,- - - - but I will. When I was going thru
high school in the early 50's, my dad and I each had a 39 Chevy. I used to fix
the one that didn't work, and my dad drove the other one to work. He also let
me help him rebuild a couple of Chevy sixes. He did everything the hard
way-lapped in valves, and all that good stuff. I don't even have a truck yet,
but I've learned a lot abt potential problem areas, etc. As a retired sailor,
with twenty (almost) years in, I'm very embarrassed to see a fellow sailor (or
ex-sailor) bitch about non-truck subjects, and sign off with a plug for a navy
ship reunion. I wouldn't mind someone saying"Oh by the way, the USS-- is
having a reunion." But I think the tone of "Old Farts" message was way out of
line. I believe the proper way for him to voice his concern is to talk to the
list-manager. Bob KNOTTS, PHCM, USN, RET.