[oletrucks] Fan Clearance

To: "Ole Trucks (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fan Clearance
From: Jim Wilkerson <Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:55:50 -0500
Seasons Greetings!

I am resto-rodding a '53 Chevy 1/2 ton.  I've put a new Chevy 350 SFI engine w/
4L60E trans.  I have about 6" of space between the short water pump and the
radiator brace.  I know that my radiator is 3" thick, that leaves only 3" for a
fan and shroud!  I was thinking that I could create some additional space by
setting the radiator INSIDE the radiator brace instead of mounting it on the
outside of the support bracket.  This could give me as much as 3" more
clearance - enough for a shroud of electric fan.  Has anyone done this?  Do you
foresee any problems doing this?  I know that I may have some clearance
problems at the top of the radiator with the fill spout, but I think I can work
around that problem.

Thanks.

Jim Wilkerson