Re: [oletrucks] leak-down compression test

To: "_Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] leak-down compression test
From: "Claude Ramey" <cramey@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:47:49 -0600
We used a degree wheel on the distributor. Once you get number one at TDC
with the timing mark, all other cylinders follow, in firing order, depends
on # of cylinders.

The thing is, the cylinder would have to be at exact TDC or the pressure
would push the piston to the bottom.

I've also heard, to get it close to TDC and hold the balancer with
something. Maybe by the crank bolt with a breaker bar propped against the
frame.

Hmm, what if you set your timing to zero degrees. Then put an ohm meter on
the points. Could you tell when the next cylinder, by firing order, was at
TDC by turning the engine and stopping as soon as the points opened?

Claude