[oletrucks] Looking for infos about my 56 dashboard, trans, and 68 327

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Looking for infos about my 56 dashboard, trans, and 68 327
From: Spinningroach@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:02:01 EST
Hi everybody!

I've been enjoying this list for 2 months already (I must have more than 800
e-mails archived) and thought someone could help me on this matter : I want
to repray my dash board and replace all its knobs (I have a 56 stepside - non
original). Does anyone have a scanned picture or drawing of what should be,
and where on this dashbord - maybe from an owners manual it would really help
me (I'll order a manual with the knobs, I promise!) - I've seen some vent
knob and cable, throttle knob - what are these for, I don't have all these in
my truck!

Also, once I asked a question about my engine, a 327 from a 68 camaro - its a
L73 and never got an answer (someone said to check the mortec site, but I did
not find the info there). Does anyone know about these particular 250 hp
engines?? I have a few codes :

The engine number is T0521HK.
Water Pump : GM 3877660
Another number on the front face of the block behind the fan belt : G 257
Behind my Edelbrock carb, on the intake manifold : 89198008 (maybe a 3
instead of the last 8), and next to it OM1, or GM1, and a T below.

Last thing : I've been really interested lately in reading all the comments
about rpms/freeway cruising. I don't have a clue about my transmission, but I
know I can't go fast at all : I have a Powerglide, and no idea about the
ratio of my trans but there is whole bunch of numbers around the rear axle
differential cover :

Upper left : ON, or maybe DN or QN
Upper right : 6801
Lower right : 480882
On the right part of the axle, next to the central unit : 281

Any help about these 3 topics would really be appreciated. Again, thank you
already for all the info gathered so far!

Thanks! JP