Fwd: Re: [oletrucks] Will 59 cab work with 57 front clip?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: [oletrucks] Will 59 cab work with 57 front clip?
From: "stephen johnston" <stephenzone@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:24:00 -0500
i just finished putting a 57 gmc 1 ton column into a 56 1/2 ton chev frame
the only difference i could find from rummaging around the wrecking yards is
that the later columns looks to be about 2 inches longer or is it the
steering wheel. i did the change cause i got rid of the six and hydramatic
and went to a 283 and a three in the tree
steve 55 gmc