Re: [oletrucks] Will 59 cab work with 57 front clip?

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Will 59 cab work with 57 front clip?
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 07:38:32 -0600
> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:18:04 -0600
> From: "MIKE LAMBERT" <MIK_LAM@msn.com>
> Subject: [oletrucks] Will 59 cab work with 57 front clip?
>
> May be a silly question but I am new to this. I have a 58 and 59 short bed
> but I want a 57. So my question is will the 59 cab work with a 57 front clip
> and bed? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike Lambert
> Broken Arrow, OK.

Mike--

As far as I know, the cabs are the same...mostly.  The hood hinge bolt
holes moved in 1958, and the wiper motor mounting area changed a bit to
accomodate the larger 58 electric wiper motor.  The frame is longer on
the 58-59 trucks, so if you are just swapping clips, the bumper will not
change the radiator support brackets to the 57 style, and put them where
they belong.

I'm doing the opposite with my 57 Suburban, so it will match my other 59
trucks.  I'm looking for good 58/59 front fenders, if you have any you
want to get rid of?

Jim F
59s in AZ