Re: [oletrucks] Saginaw Transmission

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Saginaw Transmission
From: "Claude Ramey" <cramey@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:15:02 -0600
I bought my Saginaw at a swap meet for $75 a few years ago and it's still
working fine. I replaced some gaskets and the speedo gear then bought the
$200 shifter from Patrick's.
Mine has 3 grooves and is a 3.50 ratio, I counted the turns. This is a
comfortable 1st gear with 3.08 rear gears.
I show:
2.54 - 1 groove
2.85 - 0 groove
3.11 - 2 groove
3.50 - 3 groove

The trans shop had the seals I needed. As far as other parts, I saw 3 of
these transmissions for sale at the last swap meet for $75 (for all three).
They probably weren't in perfect shape but looked like they may have still
had all the inside.

Claude
1959 Apache Fleetside
http://home.earthlink.net/~cramey