Re: [oletrucks] Small Block Chevy question

To: "Wayne Craig" <wcraig@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Small Block Chevy question
From: Roger.Gleason@uconn.edu
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 08:51:11 -0400
The bolts actually go into the water jacket so they need to be sealed on
the threads before reinstalling them.
Roger
51-3100 AD Huckster

                    "Wayne Craig"

                    <wcraig@cfl.rr.com>        To:     "OLE-CHEVY-TRUCKS"
<oletrucks@autox.team.net>
                    Sent by:                   cc:

                    owner-oletrucks@auto       Subject:     [oletrucks] Small
Block Chevy question
                    x.team.net

                    04/08/02 06:02 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Wayne Craig"

I loosened the two front right side bolts on the intake manifold of my 327
sbc
in preparation for installing a air conditioner bracket.  When I removed
these
bolts,
coolant came oozing out of these holes. It appears that the PO didn't do a
very good job of sealing around the water holes on the intake manifold
gasket.
What's the thoughts about having to remove the intake manifold and
replacing
the gaskets?

Thanks,
Wayne C.