Re: [oletrucks] Small Block Chevy question

To: wcraig@cfl.rr.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Small Block Chevy question
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 21:23:47 -0500
Wayne:

All GM small blocks have the intake bolt holes in the block drilled-thru
into the water jacket and will leak when you remove them (if you didn't
drain the radiator or block).  If you have no other problems with your
intake gaskets, don't replace them, just drain some coolant from the
radiator to lower the block coolant level and go on about your work.  As a
suggestion, use silicone sealant or antisieze on the intake bolt threads
when you reinstall them.

Carl Ham
'56 TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL