Re: [oletrucks] Painting questions

To: "_Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Painting questions
From: "Rob" <a70ragtop@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:21:55 -0700
Fisheye, I think, is not what you get with pinholes in the bondo
patches...those are just referred to as pinholes...

Fisheye, is what you get when there is oil, or more likely, silicone on the
surface that is being painted...the paint will pull away from the
contaminant, resulting in a "fisheye".  I don't think fisheye reducer will
help with pinholes...it is intended for the silicone issue.  Or so I
believe.

To fix the pinholes, there are many products that will work, but most either
seem to use a finishing bondo (very very fine particles), or something like
spot filler (GM makes a blue product that is much better IMHO than the bondo
spot filler, but I can't think of what it is called...if interested, I can
look it up when I get home).  With these products, you rub it over the area
with pinholes, it penetrates, you let it dry (the blue dries very fast),
then you lightly sand (these sand much easier than the bondo type but have a
tendency to pull out if the hole is too large).

Rob

My Zen Moment for the Day:  I hate wearing Turtlenecks, it feels like you're
getting strangled by a real weak guy