Re: [oletrucks] windshield on deluxe cab installation/defroster

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] windshield on deluxe cab installation/defroster
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:18:54 -0700
On a soft, flat surface, install glass and stainless trim into the rubber
first.  Install a small, soft rope (small dia) around the outside of the
rubber (in the area where the cab pinch weld will eventually go).  Then have
a helper assist in laying all onto the vehicle.  It takes a certain amount
of finesse, pulling on the rope, and GENTLY tapping or pushing on the edge
of the glass with the heal of your hand to get the rubber to seat properly.
No lube required, but I suppose it might not hurt.  I highly recommend
finishing with 3M (or equivalent) bedding compound to avoid leaks.  It is
all outlined (minus the bedding compound) in the shop manual.

There is a sheet metal clip that goes on the duct tab to hold it in place.

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100