Re: [oletrucks] Aftermarket Gauges

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Aftermarket Gauges
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:40:25 -0700
I have a recommendation.  I would go with a gauge set that uses an
electronic speedometer.  That way you can calibrate the speedometer to read
correctly anytime you happen to change tire sizes.  Without the electronic
speedometer you will have to buy the ratio reducer that bolt into the stock
speedometer cable location and if you do change tire sizes you'll have to
pay to have it re-calibrated.

I have the Billet Aluminum housing that fit the stock dash gauge hole
openings.  One of the housing holds the 4 gauges on one side and the other
Aluminum housing just holds the speedometer along with the signal LED's and
the High Beam indicator.  I'm running VDO's in my truck.

Joe