Re: [oletrucks] engine angle

To: "jon peters" <i51gmc@hotmail.com>, <chevy@nac.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine angle
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:25:52 -0700
Jon,

I wouldn't think your yelling....only giving you opinion.  I always listen
to everyone and then make my own decisions so I thank you for yours.

I always set-up and engine and tranny combination together and make the
engine and tranny mounts at the same time.  I always place my digital
Protractor on the intake manifold and level the engine front to back and
side to side and have never had a problem.  I don't think it looks too good
to have a mechanical fan closer to the radiator on one side and further away
at the opposite end.   I feel if the engine is level your going to have even
oil flow within the engine.  I also always wait to set the pinion angle
until the vehicle has all the components installed and is resting with the
tire and rim combination that it will be running on the street.  I make sure
it's resting on the suspension and then take my output shaft reading and
then adjust my pinion angle as necessary.

Take Care,

Joe Garcia