Re: [oletrucks] engine angle

To: i51gmc@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine angle
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 20:18:39 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/02 2:44:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
i51gmc@hotmail.com writes:

> WRONG!!!!
>
> I'm not yelling at you, but the engine does need to sit at and angle.
> look at the intake manifold the flat plane the carb sits on is angled up
> from front to back. When the engine is installed this plane should be level
> or parallel with the ground. Attach the engine at the engine mounts and use
> a jack under the trans pan to "level" the engine.

  If all thats true, then I guess all those "HOT RODS" that jacked up their
rearends with over-sized shackles or air shocks, should have blown up or fell
apart by now. I can't imagine that there are very many cars, or trucks with
the engine level with the ground. If you drive over a curb, does the drive
shaft fall out ? Just a thought.
                                                             Pat Hollister
58 step