Re: [oletrucks] manual transmissions

To: kpierce@charter.net (kirk pierce)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] manual transmissions
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:21:25 -0600 (CST)
Kirk ~

I am not sure where you got the idea that a Chevy S10 T5 tranny puts the
shifter too close to the seat.  While it is about 4 inches back of the
stock floor shift position it still allows plenty of room for shifting.
There are some T5 trannys that do have the shifter mounted to the rear
but not the Chevy S10 version.  I have been running my S10 T5 for over
two years with a stock 1949 Chevy seat with no clearance problems.
(not sure about your 1957)  I did have to heat and bend the shifter
slightly foreward of the stock S10 position.  You can see how it looks
in the attached website.
I would be glad to give you more detailed info on the installation of a
T5 if you are interested.

Tom

Tom Poterack
Moline, IL.