Re: [oletrucks] manual transmissions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] manual transmissions
From: Blond Runner <blndrnnr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:23:22 -0800 (PST)
Gracious...I get to actually add some value once
again!

My 1955 2nd Series runs an early 70's 350 block with a
Borg/Warner 5-speed tucked into an S10 T5 box.  If
this is the type of thing you're looking for I can get
ahold of the mad scientists who built it and get some
information on it.  I do know I had to find the
original style bell housing to make it all work (it
had an automatic transmission when I bought it as a
basket case.)  The gear shift comes up in a very nice
location ahead of the stock bench seat.  They used a
40's era Mercury gearshift lever which has a slight
bend to it.  It works perfectly.

Let me know if you need more information on this type
of setup.

Duane

Most un-stock 1955 Chevy Pickup on the list...

www.geocities.com/daylswor/