RE: [oletrucks] truck id help needed

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] truck id help needed
From: "Pierce, Andrew" <ajp@lib-mail.humboldt.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:02:54 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: William Packer [mailto:williamp@schalleranderson.com]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 11:14 AM
To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] truck id help needed

I got a '57 long bed, the side emblem oval says 3600.  It has a floor
shifter and looks like another lever for an e-brake.

>>>3/4 ton and up had the floor parking brake.  1/2 ton trucks had the brake
mounted to the bottom of the dash on the driver's side.

Has a hole in the dash for a radio with seperate holes for the knobs.  Did
they have "factory" stereo's back then?

>>>Yes.

These holes look to have been stamped out by a machine.  I'm assuming this
is a 6 volt electrical system.

>>>The Task Force ('55-59) trucks use a 12 volt system.

Last question, does the 3600 designation indicate that the truck is a 3/4
ton?

http://homepage.mac.com/thenorseman/oltrucks/chevrolet/tf/id/index.html