Re: [oletrucks] truck id help needed

To: "Pat Sackrider" <phsackrider@chartermi.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] truck id help needed
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:01:32 -0500
I think any year 8-lug will work. One main difference is the size of stuf
holes. Early trucks may have 1/2" stud holes, most later have 5/8" maybe.
That might only be for one-tons though as I just went thru this on my 50
one-ton. I had regular 16" dually wheel  on front, wouldn't go over my rear
brake drum. I ended up with 19.5 wheels from delivery vans. Most all 8-lug
bolt patterns are same, just center hole and offset is what to look for. Try
any newer Chev wheel that's before the Metric studs started. Not sure when
that was. Stay in 70's and 80's should be fine. This is for 16" I'm
thinking, some old trucks had wierd 17 or 17.5" tires/wheels which are
impossible to find. Make it easy on self, get 16".

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com
Big AD trucks, COE