Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic : opinions on early Chevy 350 diesel

To: "Dane Bruce" <nochay@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic : opinions on early Chevy 350 diesel
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 15:56:53 -0700
I'd be very interested in any and all info abt diesel conversions. My
favorite is the Cummins 5.9, which is put into an "other" pick up. I've
heard of someone putting a 3.9 Cummins into a 48 Chev suburban, and it
worked great.  Of course, he was a master mechanic for a LARGE chemical
company.  People have also put the 3.9 into IH Scouts where I'm told they
have enough torque to take you places you REALLY shouldn't go!!  There are
aftermarket suppliers who can crank the Cummins up (and other brands). I
have a spec sheet for a 1991 5.9 Cummins 5.9; stock it put out 600 lbs of
torque. GREAT puller!Bob K in PHX