[oletrucks] Smaller of the small blocks

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Smaller of the small blocks
From: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:44:41 -0800
Hi, All. I recently picked up a 305 for my '55 1st Series Chevy, then began
wondering if it was the engine I really wanted.  I'm planning on running a
700R4 tranny and the stock 3:90 rear end and definitely don't want a 350 or
larger engine.

My question is a litttle off topic.  What are the performance differences
between the 283, 305, and 307 small blocks?  And wasn't there a 302?

I'm mostly wondering what makes one engine or another better for a mild
buildup.  I'm planning on a new cam, higher compression pistons, manifold,
headers, etc.  Nothing too high dollar.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the other info I've learned from this
list.

Harry
1955 1st Series Chevy
Reno