RE: [oletrucks] Trailering advice

To: "OLETrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Trailering advice
From: "Dane Bruce" <nochay@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 01:16:13 -0800
Susan!!!

god no. *NEVER* use a ford explorer to tow a heavy load like that. Rent a
trailer from uhaul, and then the biggest uhaul box truck you can get. one of
the gmc ones should do. Even a ford would do. The explorer would be fine to
tow light loads, but not a truck back. The explorers are a bigger version of
a bronco basically. They are also based on the Bronco II. A guy's site i ran
into online for a Bronco II was talking about how he had eaten 3
transmissions, and was working on a forth, towing a 1970 chevy and a heavy
fridge in the back of it. Explorer's are play toys, not tow trucks. I'm a
ford man. I don't mind chevy's either. My first love is ford cars, <own 2
edsels>, but save your car. You may strain something on the car, and you
wouldn't want that. We trailered u pa 1986 plymouth barracuda using the
above method. Saved alot of hassle. In my mind, it's worth the rental fees
to save yourself alot of grief later. Besides, how do you think the explorer
would hold going up a hill? Tough little babies, but even babies bite back
;) Welcome aboard Susan ;) Hope your new truck brings you lots of happiness.
Post pictures :) What will you be doing to the truck? Hot rodding it, or
keeping it stock?

Dane