RE: [oletrucks] Trailering advice

To: <BLUCHEETAH@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Trailering advice
From: "AKBurke" <akburke@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:18:39 -0700
I managed to trailer my '49 Panel from Monterey to Boise with my '98
Exploder (5.0 V8).  It was 7 hours going down there (the adrenaline was
running)...and 16 hour back home (it was a long slow haul over Donner Pass
and across the high desert).   A few years back I pulled a '65 Mustang
Fastback out of Sacramento with the same vehicle.  I wouldn't suggest making
a living towing with an Explorer but if you take it slow and easy and let
the transmisison do it's job what's the issue??

...and looking at my map....Colorado to Texas is all downhill so you should
have no problems (and Texas may be big but, be serious, 'Texas hill country'
is a mere speed bump ;-)

-A