[oletrucks] Brakes -

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Brakes -
From: "Mark Coopet" <markc@greatlakeseng.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:06:09 -0600
Since the demise of my near completed project I have been a bit put off.
The gas tank cracked - leaking everywhere and the engine went out - big
time in September. But I am in the mix again, must be spring coming or
something.
With the gas tank replaced, the interior redone and all working, I turn
to where I left off, a troublesome brake line that has given me trouble
for the past couple of months since the replacement of the whole system.
I have one trouble spot - a "T" that splits the front end lines which
keeps leaking, from one side. Now, I have cut and flared this line
several times and still it seems to not fit right. I haven't replaced
the "T" fitting and can see no evident cracks in the "T". So the short
of it is; do I have to replace the "T"? Is my flare not matching up with
the "T" - for that matter, how many types of flares are there and if
there are many, could my flare tool not match that which the "T" is
set-up for?
Any help would be appreciated.

Mark
1952 GMC 3100 1st.