Re: [oletrucks] Brakes -

To: Mark Coopet <markc@greatlakeseng.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brakes -
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:35:05 -0800 (PST)
Yes, there are two different flare angles. If I
remember right, copper plumbing flares are 30 degrees
and steel lines for brakes are flared at 45 degrees.
Brake lines should also be double flared.
Make sure that when flaring your own lines you use an
automotive flaring tool.  Also make sure that any
fittings, such as tees, are for brake lines. I have
also seen cracked fittings.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100

http://bluetruck.home.mchsi.com

--- Mark Coopet <markc@greatlakeseng.com> wrote:
> I have one trouble spot - a "T" that splits the
> front end lines which
> keeps leaking, from one side. Now, I have cut and
> flared this line
> several times and still it seems to not fit right. I
> haven't replaced
> the "T" fitting and can see no evident cracks in the
> "T". So the short
> of it is; do I have to replace the "T"? Is my flare
> not matching up with
> the "T" - for that matter, how many types of flares
> are there and if
> there are many, could my flare tool not match that
> which the "T" is
> set-up for?
> Any help would be appreciated.
>

> Mark
> 1952 GMC 3100 1st.
> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built
> between 1941 and 1959

=====
Jim Nordwall

 http://bluetruck.home.mchsi.com