[oletrucks] Re: Upgraded Gauges

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Upgraded Gauges
From: Joe Way <joe@brakecylinder.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:39:55 -0800
On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:58:26 -0700, you wrote:

I've had a couple of inquiries about my post concerning United
Speedometer's Encore gauges. The URL is

http://www.speedometershop.com/enc-pag.htm

The photo doesn't show much detail, and the text doesn't offer any.
Here's the deal:

They take your old gauges, restore the faces and trim, and install new
electronic mechanisms calibrated to modern engines and speeds. Oil
pressure reads from 0-80 instead of 0-30 in the case of my truck, temp
reads to I think 250 degrees, speedometer reads to 120 mph. They
install a voltmeter instead of an ammeter. Small indicators like the
high beam indicator are added for turn signals.

It looks stock till you look closely and see the ranges. All colors,
lettering, needles, etc., are as original.

Some gauge designs allow for addition of a tach. In my case, the tach
is a small unit mounted in the center of the gauge cluster--not
between the gauge cluster and the speedo, but *in* the gauge cluster.

ISTR that United Speedo's ads in the truck magazines shows a photo of
the 47-54 gauge set with tach.

Sometime in the next week or so I hope to take and put up some
pictures. I'l get some of my Encore set.

Joe
--
Heather & Joe Way
Sierra Specialty Automotive